Re: java.sql.SQLException: Bigger type length than Maximum

From: <sandro.salari_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2006 15:33:37 -0800

Hi,
thanks for the assistance, I use the same instruction you talk about for obtain JDBC driver information. The application server is as production server out of my direct control and I don't know why the driver is not up to date, or if someone has replace it by another one. I read about someone that had the same problem and resolved it updating ojdbc14.jar file. I can't update directly this file, but I can alter the Weblogic CLASSPATH. The problem is that I'm not sure about the procedure to follow to done this modify ( I try to use the PRE_CLASSPATH procedure, but I don't see change in driver version). Can you explain me the step needed, and the file to modify for UNIX platform please? Can you confirm me that this problem is due to a bug present in early version of Oracle JDBC driver as I read in some forum?

Regards,
Sandro Salari. Received on Thu Mar 02 2006 - 17:33:37 CST