Re: Linux updates

From: Chom Noamsky <eat_at_me.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 04:29:16 GMT

"howard" <pkowal74_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141261067.780649.104800_at_i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

>I have a server with AS 10 and 9i database. I have a ton of Linux

> package updates and patches to make to the server. Do I have to shut
> down AS and/or the DB before I make the updates?

Just a prior consideration to think about: you should research the update dependencies first. For example, 9i depends on a particular version of glibc when linking during install. If you upgrade glibc you may break your Oracle completely. Make sure your package upgrades are compatible with AS and 9i before you run them. Received on Wed Mar 01 2006 - 22:29:16 CST