Re: Why use Java Stored Procedures....

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 04:13:48 GMT

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 01:50:09 -0800, Miggins wrote:

> OK short question but probably not a quick answer....anyone give me the
> pros and cons of using Java for my stored proedures instead of PLSQL.
>
> Thanks In Advance

PL/SQL mostly work while Java makes life interesting and makes your DBA think passionately about you, especially when he or she needs to allocate another petabyte of shared memory for Java pool, in addition to shared pool which cannot be avoided. Your DBA will love you for parsing XML files in memory and creating polymorphic object designs which have so little to do with database. Of course, access to Java pool is coordinated by latches, which will open completely new field of R&D and rid your DBA of boredom for months unend. You will really attract attention of all 3 of them: Smith, Wesson and DBA.

--
http://www.mgogala.com