Re: Why use Java Stored Procedures....

From: Gerry Atric <f_at_t.chance.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 19:09:16 GMT

Miggins wrote:

> OK short question but probably not a quick answer....anyone give me the
> pros and cons of using Java for my stored proedures instead of PLSQL.

CON: PL/SQL is 100% Oracle-centric while Java is not. If you ever want to migrate your apps away from Oracle for some reason, keep in mind that all of your PL/SQL code will have to be ported too. My personal rule of thumb, anything I develop in PL/SQL I do with the assumption that it will never be ported in the future. Received on Wed Mar 01 2006 - 13:09:16 CST