Fraud Attempt Directed At Oracle Developers/DBAs

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:51:23 -0800

I received the following email (excerted below as the orginal is quite long) at my University of Washington email address:

Good day Sir !

             My name is folami sheriff. I am a young Oracle9i DBA Scholar from Lagos, Nigeria.I have finished my Oracle9i DBA course @ NiiT here in Lagos,Nigeria.Since I have started and finished the course, i had found real life and all the pleasure underneath it.

            The only thing I can now figure out as a major problem for me is my incapability to purchase my Certification Exams due to the financial crises that occured in my family. My mother was the one who sponsored me through out my course duration but so so unfortunately, it was when i had finished my course and about to go for my certifications exams that was when things started going s! o wrong for my aged mum. I have tried all my possible best to get a way to take my exams but it all failepleased due to the financial constraints in my family and the economy and government over here is not encouraging at all in going for a loan or whatsoever and have no one to assist me and am still young to carry it all.

I am so afraid that everything is now sliping away from me because i couldn't afford to continue my course now that it gets to the certification level. My mum is the only one i relied on but now she is financially down and aged, and for my Dad, he had divorced my mum for quite a long time now and have been trying so hard to raise my self as the only surviving child of my mum but its so hard without any helping hands.

It came complete with a JPG of an OCP certificate, doctored it would seem by Adobe Photoshop, and other supporting documentation including an address and phone number.

I have contact Sunday Gabriel Ehindero, Inspector General of Police, Lagos Nigeria (fpro_at_nigeriapolice.org) and passed the information along to him and to the FBI here in the US.

If you receive a similar email, they may be trolling the usenet for suckers, please forward the email to fpro (fraud protection) too.

Thank you.

Also note that there is a huge racket currently on eBay with Nigerian's trying to get notebook computers by promising payment upon receiving the shippers ticket number. Be very careful. The Nigerian crime gangs are now targeting us.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org