Re: php code from plsql using owa htp.p

From: Gerry Atric <f_at_t.chance.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:38:29 GMT

marvado_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> hm,
>
> don't know if that's what I'd like to do. I basically am seeking a way
> to invoke php from a package and keep everything within the database
> without the need for flat files.

There is no php in Oracle... period! But there is another option, you could create an external library (say, using GNU gcc) to invoke php, then register the library and wrapper in Oracle and invoke it from pl/sql. You could use pipes to avoid doing file i/o. The drawback is you app will become platform-dependent.

Here's a link that should help you get started:

http://home.clara.net/dwotton/dba/oracle_extn_rtn.htm Received on Wed Mar 01 2006 - 12:38:29 CST