Re: php code from plsql using owa htp.p

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 06:45:03 GMT

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:33:19 -0800, marvado wrote:

> can I run phpinfo(); or any php code from an oracle plsql package using
> htp.p from the oracle web toolkit owa?

You can, if you have a way of starting PHP interpreter from PL/SQL. Proposed way of doing that would be the following:

  1. Find a way to link PHP module into Oracle RDBMS as an external procedure. That is not as far-fetched as it seems: there is such a software for perl. It's called "extproc_perl" and can be found at: http://www.smashing.org/extproc_perl/
  2. Use it from Oracle PL/SQL. If you want to call your package "HTP", you're more then welcome. Oracle doesn't reserve that name.
--
http://www.mgogala.com