Re: Why use Java Stored Procedures....

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 15:32:16 GMT

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 01:50:09 -0800, Miggins wrote:

> OK short question but probably not a quick answer....anyone give me the
> pros and cons of using Java for my stored proedures instead of PLSQL.
>
> Thanks In Advance

Java has approximately 2,968,964,658 methods, classes, and other goodies in the various libraries supplied with a certified environment.

Years ago, in the beginnings of the Unix world, we used to say 'build on the work of others'.

If you can speed up your work by building on the work of others as found in the libraries, Java may be the ideal way to go.

Otherwise, PL/SQL is great. PL/SQL also has the advantange of being tightly interwoven with Oracle's SQL. So, stored procedures heavily leaning on SQL will benefit from the easier interaction between PL/SQL and SQL. The above just MHO

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com