Re: [pl/sql] procedure making mysql script

From: Gerry Atric <f_at_t.chance.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:11:04 GMT

zks wrote:

> Hi my name is lukas im from poland. i dont speak english very well so
> sorry if you dont understand me. i dont find anything about it in
> polish disciussion groups.
> i must create procedure. this procedure has 1 parameter and return CLOB
> with mysql script . this parameter is table name.
> for example create procedure aaa(table_name varchar2). then this
> procedure must receive name of fields,type of fields and data from this
> fields and create mysql commands with this information.(create tables
> and a lot of inserts) to CLOB and return this clob.
>
> i dont any idea to solve this problem. :(( thanks for any information.
>
> i hope that i explain all clearly.

You can use the data dictionaries (like USER_TABLES, USER_TAB_COLUMNS) etc to reverse engineer Oracle tables.

There is also a perl script floating around called "oradump.pl" that may also be helpful... it works much like the "mysqldump" utility.

http://www.eveandersson.com/writing/data-model-reverse-engineering Received on Tue Feb 28 2006 - 17:11:04 CST