Re: An Oldie, but a goodie... 8.1.7.4 does not install

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2006 12:31:20 -0800

>- try the setup.exe in install\win32

Did that - works for 8.1.7.0 base, but not for 8.1.7.3 nor 8.1.7.4 installers

>- check if your directory where you unpack the patch contains spaces/ is to long
Tried that - moved the installer to d:\Install\8174\Disk1 - no change

>- use the console mode

Do you mean command-line mode? I did try that, and I also fired up FileMon.exe at the same time it was running - I can see a lot of stuff going on, files being opened - jrew.exe being called. I wonder if some Java SDK or Runtime environment should be checked for versions or updated or something??

Thanks for the tips; I'm gonna follow up on the 'version of jrew.exe' for now - not much else I can see to try, except for reapplying the OS's Service Pack or something radical like that.

BD Received on Tue Feb 28 2006 - 14:31:20 CST