Re: Intermittend ORA-12519, TNS:no appropriate service handler found

From: Robert Klemme <bob.news_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:47:26 +0100

frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com wrote:
> This info is new, and crucial.
> I think you have a problem with your connection pool; it should not
> connect at a rate of one or more connections per second.

It might not be the pool but how it's used. Or something else altogether (for example, connections are closed if there is an error under certain conditions => could be that these errors happen more frequently than expected).

> Try to change the database setup and create one or more dispatchers.

I'll look into this. Thanks for the input!

> I have seen *x systems go down to their knees with many connections,
> especially because most systems take their time to clean up
> disconnected sessions.
> netstat may be of help here - check if you have many waiting
> (TIME_WAIT).
From what I've seen so far the machine is far from going down because of this but I'll try to dig into that.

> If you do, the rate of connect/disconnect per time unit may be what's
> causing your troubles. I do not know of a way to speed up the cleanup
> of disconnected sessions, but that does not mean there isn't - just my
> lack of knowledge ;).
> Anyway - if indicators point towards disconnects/connects you pooling
> doesn't work, and dispatchers is the way to go.

Thanks again!

Kind regards

    robert Received on Mon Feb 27 2006 - 11:47:26 CST