8.1.7.4.25

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_REMOVEedbgruppenTHIS.dk>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:42:54 +0100

Today I installed CPUJan2006 patch_num=4751570 on a 8.1.7.4 Windows server. This patch includes 8.1.7.4.25 cumulative.

After patching SQL Plus still reports version 8.1.7.4.1, v$version is unchanged and Oracle Universal Installer does not list any new installed components.
Should v$version have been changed and should OUI reflect changes?

The CPU Jan patch installed without reporting any errors. The log files shows that files are beeing copied and many Oracle bin dll's now have dates jumped about three years (from about 2002 to 2005 :-). I ran catcpu without errors. Invalid objects were all valid after compiling. The machine has only one oracle_home and one database. (I do not have metalink access. Patchset has been provided by the customer)

TIA
Peter Laursen Received on Mon Feb 27 2006 - 11:42:54 CST