Re: Intermittend ORA-12519, TNS:no appropriate service handler found

From: Robert Klemme <bob.news_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:56:12 +0100

Maxim Demenko wrote:
> Sybrand is in my opinion correct.
> First, the doc states "PROCESSES" is not derived from
> "PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS", but only its *default value* - it means, it
> take place only if you don't have the value for "PROCESSES" specified
> ( which is IMO anyway bad idea, especially, if you have more than one
> database on the machine - you should specify this parameter)
> Second, the from you cited description of "PROCESSES" is similar in
> the documentation 8i - 10gR1, but in 10gR2 default value is described
> as "40 to operating system-dependent".
> I tested on 9.2 with parallel_max_servers set to 0,10,100,1000 and
> processes unset - got every time 30 as default value for processes.
> The same test on 10gR2 showed me 40 ( as per docs ). I'll check it
> for other plattforms/releases for sure, but i tend to believe right
> now - there is a documentation bug regarding default value for
> "PROCESSES" which is fixed in 10gR2.

Thanks for the analysis. I'll change that to 250 and how this works out.

I also noticed lines like this in listener.log

WARNING: Subscription for node down event still pending

A forum posting indicates that the error might be related to the machine's LANG setting. Maybe this is related and the listener doesn't get properly notified of events. I'll chang LANG setting to "en" and restart the DB.

I'll let you know the outcome.

Kind regards

    robert Received on Mon Feb 27 2006 - 06:56:12 CST