Re: Unable to connect through application

From: Jeevan <jeevan.bordoloi_at_ocwen.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2006 03:28:36 -0800

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. I have checked everything, but still unable to connect. The situation is:

When I try
sqlplusw dgfc_owner/dgDTpswd_at_dev1 from command prompt, it connects. But when I try to use the following code to execute it gives the error "Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154"

The code:

                        string constr = @"Data Source='dev1';User ID='dgfc_owner';Password='dgDTpswd';Connection Lifetime='1';";

			try

{
mConn = new OracleConnection(constr); mConn.Open(); } catch(Exception ex)
{
Response.Write(ex.Message); }

Thanks and regards,
Jeevan Received on Mon Feb 27 2006 - 05:28:36 CST