Oracle licence question

From: joebayer <joebayer(nospam)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:23:34 GMT

Group,

Oracle is so expensive, often time, managers chose SQL server over Oracle only because of the expense, and it is sad to see all those new projects go to SQL server group. (Our shop do not do any in house software development, only vendor application, and all vendor applications support both Oracle and SQL) I have one question here:

Is it possible for us only to buy Oracle licence without paying for the annual support? All I need is accessing metalink website, and my other projects have already provided such access.

Thanks for your comments or suggestions as how to make Oracle competitive in terms of price, what kind of option do I have here? Received on Sat Feb 25 2006 - 14:23:34 CST