Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: Galen Boyer <galen_boyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2006 19:11:04 -0600

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, tonyrogerson_at_sqlserverfaq.com wrote:
> Mmmm - brick wall, talking @.
>
> The impression I'm taking away is that Oracle coders shoe horn the
> business requirement to suit their engine rather than implementing the
> correct isolation level inline with the business requirement following
> the isolations available in the ANSI SQL standard -

We do not ever need to ask for the committed versions. The only isolation level one normal will use, and we set this in apps mainly is ISOLATION SERIALIZABLE. We will, however never ask for READ UNCOMMITTED because this unsupported in ORACLE, and the corollary is that we never have to ask for READ COMMITTED.

> do you guys actually implement much of that?

It seems you guys actually ask to see COMMITTED ROWS.

--
Galen Boyer