truncate 20 bits to 10 bits

From: mmt1 <mehrnaz.monajati_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2006 05:04:02 -0800

Hi.
I have a multiplier that multiplies 2 floating point numbers with 7 bits exponent and 10 bits mantissa.so its output has 7 bits exponent and 20 bits mantissa.
now its output must return to its input in order to compute another multiplication.on the other hand its output must be truncated to 10 bits. how can I do this? please help me.  thanks. Received on Sat Feb 18 2006 - 07:04:02 CST