Re: Copying the PL/SQL web toolkit

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:09:43 -0500

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:kb0cv1l3fn6j4mqe779up6kcc5t43u4n95_at_4ax.com...
: On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:34:52 -0500, "Mark C. Stock" <mcstockX_at_Xenquery
: .com> wrote:
:
: >Oracle support doesn't allow us to create our own packages?
: >
: >++ mcs
:
: You know better. OP wants to start to muck around with an Oracle
: provided package. Will Oracle support that? Don't think so.
: I'm not sure why he doesn't submit an enhancement request.
:
: --
: Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

the key word is 'COPYING'. oracle doesn't support packages created from scratch, either. so no impact on support.

very valid -- done this hundreds of times with copying and revising data dictionary views (ok, maybe a half-dozen times)

if you're not sure about something, you could ask ;-)

but i'll take a stab at it ... i know this is a long standing issue with HTF/HTP -- not sure if there's an enhancement request in for this or not, but there's a big difference between requesting something and getting it done when needed.

++ mcs Received on Fri Feb 17 2006 - 11:09:43 CST