ODBC Connection to 8i and 10g database

From: Isa Karbstein <virtu_REMOVE_THIS_ella42_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:22:35 +0100

Hi NG,

we are using MS-Access 2002 as a frontend for Oracle Databases versions 8i and 10g. Now I have a problem with the connected tables of the 10g database. In Access all text fields are shown with a wrong fieldsize. (e.g. Varchar(10) is shown as Text(30) in Access). The connected tables of the 8i database are correct. I have also tried the connection with a small test program written in C#, there I have the same problem.
I think it's not a MS-Access problem but a problem with the ODBC driver.

I am using the Oracle ODBC driver version 9.02.00.00. I found a hint on the Oracle web-site, that this driver should work for 8i and for the 10g database.

Does anybody know this problem?

Thank you for your help
Isa Received on Mon Feb 13 2006 - 02:22:35 CST