Re: Oracle 7 downloads

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:45:39 GMT

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 01:28:23 -0800, mailswapnilpatil wrote:

> Where do I get Oracle 7 Downloads for Solaris and Windows Platform ?
> Thanks

As has been indicated several times - Oracle7 is no longer available through official channels. It is old and no longer available from Oracle. AFAICT, there will be no site from which you can legally download the software.

However, if you insist on using things that are obsolete, and are patient, you can probably buy a copy on eBay. Some of the [obsolete] reference books also have the CDs for the Windows version in the jacket.

Personal preference in the WIndows case - download a copy of a version that is current and free - Oracle Database 10g Express Edition - from http://otn.oracle.com

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com