Re: Oracle 10g New Features Info

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 2 Feb 2006 11:46:37 -0800

amerar_at_iwc.net wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> This place is finally taking the step to go to 10g. I'm trying to find
> a page on Oracle's site which has a list of some of the new features,
> along with some of the changed or desupported features from 9i.......

Desupported features?

Umm well probably a bunch of bugs have been fixed ( and new ones introduced ) that if you were relying on buggy behavior I suppose could be considered "desupported".

Mostly it's enhancements. There's a whole slew of new features, some initialization parameters "discouraged" or deprecated, yada yada.

I think the new features document noted is the way to go along with browing the concepts guide.

Sybex and Oracle Press both have books on the New Features for Admin ( oracle course offering ). Not familiar with the Oracle Press one the Sybex one is ok not great but not bad either. Received on Thu Feb 02 2006 - 13:46:37 CST