Re: Restart DBMS_JOBS

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:45:34 -0500

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:06:11 +0100, "Ben de Boer" <cbdeboer_at_planet.nl> wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>We run an Oracle database Version 8.1.7.2.0 on a unix machine.
>For some jobs to run we use DBMS_JOBS.SUBMIT ...
>Now sometimes, special for short running programs, it will be started a
>second time,
>after finishing without errors.
>Does anybody has some same problems and solved it.

You're saying that sometimes a submittied job runs twice? That can happen only if you submittied it twice, or it failed the first time.. You'll need to 'trace' the job ids, and trace the program from within itself (e.g. via some log table).
We run Oracle 9.2.0.6 on RH4 AMD
remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu Feb 02 2006 - 13:45:34 CST