Re: Oracle error (Ora-15500)

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 04:23:20 GMT

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 03:33:35 -0800, Paul wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anybody know what Oracle error 15500 is? It appears to be
> undocumented but we have a customer running an Oracle database saying
> that this error has been returned to the application. Can anybody help
> please?
>
> I have searched lots of places with no success on finding the cause of
> this error.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul

Do you have anything in the alert log? Trap it by setting an event, by executing something like the following SQL:

ALTER SYSTEM SET EVENTS='15500 trace name errorstack forever, level 12'

If you are really getting this error, this should produce a dump which could be sent to Oracle support for further investigation

On 10g, this works, but I have no idea how to reproduce the error:

$ sqlplus /

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue Jan 31 23:21:09 2006

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining Scoring Engine options

SQL> ALTER SYSTEM SET EVENTS='15500 trace name errorstack forever, level 12';

System altered.

SQL>

--
http://www.mgogala.com