Re: dual server configuration question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:39:30 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:

> Oracle support is not what it used to be. Their principal motivation
> appears to be to try to close tickets as quickly as they can.

Unfortunately you are correct.

Part of what happened when they offshored support was to compensate or rate on the number of tickets closed. If you give people a metric based on closed tickets don't be surprised when they consider that their prime directive.

I would encourage Oracle employees lurking hereabouts to take this message back to the corporation. This practice is doing damage to the company, generating ill will, and not doing anything to save Oracle money as all we do is open another TAR. It is not like we are going to just go away with a downed production system.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org