Non-Net-Services Replication

From: Tiff <tiffanyherpin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2006 15:21:05 -0800

Does anyone know a way to do an replication between two machines that can't talk to each other?

I have two instances on machines that can't talk to each other for security purposes. One gets updated by users and the other is used for reporting.

Currently, the strategy is to FTP archive logs (FTP is allowed) over to the read-only and do a recover. This takes a while and happens four times a day. During the recover, the database is not usable.

There must be a better way.

I'm slightly familiar with DataGuard and am sure that would be the perfect solution if net services could be enabled. Does anyone know of a way to run something like DataGuard using batched transfers?

Do you creative thinkers have any other options for me to check out? Can streams run in a batch mode? I thought about mining the logs, but I don't think sending across unencrypted data will fly either.

Thanks,

Tiffany Received on Mon Jan 23 2006 - 17:21:05 CST