Re: oracle on linux

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2006 14:25:37 -0800

You need to configure an rc file, see the /etc/rc* directories for examples.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/html/A96167_01/post-inst.htm#i1035370 (installation guide, post-installation tasks, Configuration Tasks to Perform as the root User, Automating Database Startup and Shutdown for HP, Linux and Solaris (Optional) )

Some places purposefully don't automatically startup or shutdown Oracle, for various reasons, including stalling the shutdown because the default scripts are too nice to existing processes, and not wanting to mess up the database with automatic recovery if the hardware or OS decides to go boingy-boingy.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.   Just to touch base and affirm our mission-focused
repurposing, we're deploying you to be a change agent who will drill