Test if Data for a Field is UNIQUE

From: Michael42 <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2006 05:32:02 -0800

Hello,

In Oracle 9i R2 on Solaris 8 I have a table (LOCATION) that has data. I want to create a Foreign Key (FK) and base it on an existing field
(location_key) in this table. I am not 100% sure the values are unique
(which is required to make it a FK for a child table).

Can someone please share SQL that can be used to determine if the values in my LOCATION table field location_key field are UNIQUE?

Thanks,

Michael42 Received on Mon Jan 23 2006 - 07:32:02 CST