rfmdate equivalent?

From: Chrean <nouvelle.gabriel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2006 05:50:29 -0800

Hi everybody,
I'm working on the porting of a old Informix ESQL application to Oracle Pro*C.
After some struggle against different issues, I'm stuck at rfmtdate function.
Is there a Oracle function that could be used in place of Informix's rfmtdate? Something similar, thus not requiring the rewrite of a lot of source code?
For those who know just Oracle, frmtdate proto is as follows:

int rfmtdate(long jdate, char* fmtstring, char *outbuf)

The 3 parameters are easily recognized as Informix's internal data representation (long), a format string ("dd/mm/yyyy" e.g.), and an output buffer for the resulting string.
Is oracle representing date datatype as a long, just like Informix? Is it possible to convert this function?

TIA,
Chrean Received on Mon Jan 23 2006 - 07:50:29 CST