Re: Oracle RAM backup failure

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:59:52 +0100

On 3 Jan 2006 22:19:39 -0800, penglicq_at_gmail.com wrote:

>When backing up data from large RAM to small RAM (RAM backup ), ORACLE
>failed to work with message 'database unavailable'.
>
>Appreciate your help!

Could you please explain
a) what 'RAM backup' is?
b) what *exact* error message you were getting and of course
c) Platform
d) version

In short *much more* information than 'Help, it doesn't work' We weren't there when you ran into this, nor are we looking over your shoulder.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA