Re: The charter for this newsgroup

From: <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2006 01:02:05 -0800

> Sybrand Bakker wrote:

Hi Sybrand, comments inline. Please read them before replying.

> pot<->kettle<->black
> By virtue of your insistence on top-posting alone.

Do you even know what top-posting is? Look at the message you replied to. Unless you have rewritten the definition of "top-posting" I didn't do it!

What I did do was selectively cut pieces from the original message and reply interleaved so to give my replies some context. So did you in replying to my message! This is NOT top posting!

The way **WE** replied is consistent with RFC1855. This is NOT top posting!

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

Here is a quote:

"If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context. This will make sure readers understand when they start to read your response. Since NetNews, especially, is proliferated by distributing the postings from one host to another, it is possible to see a response to a message before seeing the original. Giving context helps everyone. But do not include the entire original!"

Once again, this is NOT top posting.

Regards
Barry Received on Wed Jan 04 2006 - 03:02:05 CST