Jurassic Park

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:15:02 GMT

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

Oracle released so called "Project Raptor" which is a Java version of an intuitive, graphic SQL IDE. It looks extremely good and is surprisingly fast. Check it up on:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/project_raptor/index.html

I tested it on my beloved FC3 workstation and it works like a charm. Installation:

  1. Unzip the installation in your home directory.
  2. Chmod 755 $HOME/raptor/jdev/bin/raptor
  3. Enjoy.

In order for the installation to work, one must have JAVA_HOME defined in the environment. The tool works flawlessly with JDK 1.5:

$ $JAVA_HOME/jre/bin/java -version

java version "1.5.0_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_05-b05, mixed mode, sharing)
$

Job well done!

--
http://www.mgogala.com