Re: Multiple SID's (instances) possible with Oracle 8 (Unix)?

From: <gschnei_at_genre.com>
Date: 28 Dec 2005 08:01:46 -0800

Hi Eric,

thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to metalink.

Anyways, the scenario is maybe a bit different:

We create the data from a *cough* MySQL-database using the MySQLDump-utility.

The output is a tab-separated file, which has korean characters UTF-8-encoded.

Again, when loading them into a WE8ISO8859P1 instance, they show up fine in our Java-program. However, when loading these data into a KO16KSC5601-instance, only garbage shows up.

I'm wondering if KO16KSC5601 is UTF-8 capable? Seems not, and this seems to be the problem.

Do you think it's worth a try exporting them from WE8ISO8859P1 and importing them into KO16KSC5601 using the exp / imp-utility provided by Oracle?

I just tried to load the data now using pure insert-statements, however, only garbage shows up again in SQL+, but this might be due to a mis-set NLS-LANG-parameter of the client.

Seems I'm running out of ideas here... :(

Thanks anyways!

Greg Received on Wed Dec 28 2005 - 10:01:46 CST