Re: RE RE: ORACLE 8.1.7.4 ENTERPRISE EDITION FOR WINDOWS 2K needed

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 26 Dec 2005 16:52:18 -0800

someone_at_somedomain.com.invalid wrote:
> I am looking for oracle 8.1.7.4 EE version for Windows 32 bit. It is no longer available for download from Oracle.com
> website. can someone please post it.
>
> thank you

I expect you can forget anyone posting such to this newsgroup for several reasons:

  1. 8.1.7 is desupported.
  2. 8.1.7.0 is no longer available for download and, I imagine, for sale through any Oracle sales office (this, of course, you know).
  3. To arrive at 8.1.7.4 from 8.1.7.0 requires a patch from Metalink, and postiing such violates any support agreement between Oracle and the party you would like to have post such an item, meaning, no one is about to post any patchset from Metalink here, whether it is available or not, simply to throw away a perfectly good support contract.
  4. The size of the distribution makes it almost impossible to 'post' here, much less anywhere else.
  5. You provide no valid reason for wanting this particular release.

Your idea of this newsgroup supplying software to those who want it is in error. You MAY be lucky and find an Oracle Sales representative who has a copy of the 8.1.7 distribution and will sell it to you. And that may be the only way to obtain this software (unless you happen to find some friend of yours still running it and who has the original software distribution).

Contact Oracle Sales in your area. And stop posting your wish list here.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Dec 26 2005 - 18:52:18 CST