Re: Enqueue wait event on I_OBJ# and C_OBJ#

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:43:17 GMT

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 07:09:40 -0800, dba.orcl wrote:

> 132, is it a limit to acquire number of TX locks on I_OBJ# and C_OBJ#?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Sami

It's not a hard limit. For each TX lock you acquire, you have to write so called "transaction entry" into the block you are interested in. C_OBJ# is a cluster, not a table. It is likely that you are trying to lock neighboring rows in the same cluster block (your description says that you are updating a single table) so the block cannot accommodate more then 132 transaction entries. May be, you should convert to 10.2 which does everything in the ASSM tablespaces, so the SYSTEM tablespace will be ASSM as well and your problem is likely to go away.

--
http://www.mgogala.com