Re: Diff between utlxplp.sql and utlxpls.sql ?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:07:03 +0100

DA Morgan wrote:
> Parallel DML
> ------------
> Parallel execution dramatically reduces response time for data-intensive
> operations on large databases typically associated with decision support
> systems and data warehouses. [deletia]

I would like to see to rephrased to "Parallel execution may reduce response time" ; I have seen it actually increasing response time, even when processing 10M row tables, due to excessive waits on PX block sends. If that is a bug... I don't know. 10.1.0.4 on AIX 5L, 64 bit, 8 proc machine, 16GB, 4 CPU/8GB virtual partition in use.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...