ORA-00937 when CURSOR_SHARING=FORCE

From: <fmons_at_ayto-santander.es>
Date: 21 Dec 2005 00:36:08 -0800

Hello,

I have read about the use of bind variables and how dramatically it can inprove the performance on the Database servers.

Unafortunatelly I have several applications running against my Oracle servers that doesn't make good use of this feature. In most of the cases they simply don't work with bind variables at all.

Afortunatelly, Oracle has a init parameter that considers this problematic, and internally manages all the similar SQLs implementing on them bind variables.

This parameter is to set Cursor_Sharing=Force

My problem is that when i set this parameter some SQLs that before the change where working, now they don't. The error that Oracle is raisng is the ORA-00937: not a single-group group function.

One of the SQL's that is raising the error is the following:

Select Count(*) as Total From IINEHABIT Where IgCargasM='00000CRGM001000176'

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Fernando Mons. Received on Wed Dec 21 2005 - 02:36:08 CST