Re: validation testing -- use TPC-C? (or what?)

From: z <z_at_y.x.invalid>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:03:11 GMT

You're right...

I went back and determined (as far as could be determined) that the testing requirements are not high. IOW I need a "tricycle" or "scooter"
according to your analogy.

While keeping the other options in mind, I am now looking at the following questions:

  1. Presume Oracle 9i installation has succeeded. Oracle 9i reputedly has a "sample" database. Where is it, how can I load it and play with it? Are there sample queries?
  2. Can one take small databases (such as the Oracle 9i sample db) from Oracle 9i and loade it into DB2?

Thanks...