Re: 10.2 Upgrade Information Utility

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:11:53 -0800

News wrote:
> Sybrand Bakker a écrit :
>

>>just run @?/rdbms/admin/utlrp from sqlplus connect as SYS.
>>If you still have invalid objects
>>select owner, object_name, object_type
>>from dba_objects
>>where status = 'INVALID'
>>
>>issue the appropiate ALTER <object_type> <owner>.<object_name> compile
>>command to rectify this.
>>Pretty basic stuff for a DBA

> I have done this but still have problems with these packages that
> prevents me from upgrading from 9.2.0.4 to 10gr2
>

> OWNER OBJECT_NAME OBJECT_TYPE
> SYSTEM DBMS_DDL PACKAGE BODY
> SYSTEM DBMS_DDL_INTERNAL PACKAGE BODY
> SYSTEM DBMS_PCLXUTIL PACKAGE BODY
> SYSTEM DBMS_TRANSACTION PACKAGE BODY
> SYSTEM DBMS_TRANSACTION_INTERNAL_SYS PACKAGE BODY
> SYSTEM DBMS_UTILITY PACKAGE BODY
Log on as SYS
SQL> / as sysdba

try recompiling a single one of these objects SQL> alter package dbms_ddl compile;

When the error occurs do the following
SQL> show error

Take the entire screen and copy it and post it here.

Though I would think a smarter thing to do would be to open an iTAR at http://metalink.oracle.com.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org