Could Veritas's checkpoint(for Oracle) to be a CLONE DB?

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Dec 2005 16:41:24 -0800

Hi All,

Let me try to phase my question better.

My goal is to do this:

I use Veritas's storage foundation to do checkpoint on Oracle(online checkpoint.
Almost like doing snapshot in NetApp).

But my co-worker (system admin) is suggesting that we use the checkpoint of Veritas on Oracle and mount that filesystem(the one created by
checkpoint) to a different host
(not the production host that I make my checkpoint from) and open those oracle datafiles to be the test oracle instance and then use it for "testing" purpose(for QA people).

I am trying to look for white paper from Veritas 's site. I could not find it.

Anyone out there is using Veritas's checkpoint...??

Hardware: I am using 64 bit solaris 5.9 , Oracle 8.1.7.4 32 bit.

Thank,

Dominica Received on Fri Dec 16 2005 - 18:41:24 CST