Re: Oracle Express, Go To Database Home Page problem

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_Dunbar-it.REMOVE.THIS.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:56:14 +0000

twins wrote:
> HI Guys,

Hi Twins,

> I still cant get to the hompage using the "Go To Database Home Page"
> shortcut on the Database.
> I tried to reinstall the DB and still it doesnt work. There were no
> error messages.

Do you mean the installer didn't show any errors, or, there were no errors in the logs directory ?

If the former, then go to
c:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\config\logs (I think) and check the log files in there. There may be problems as per one of my previous posts.

If you mean the latter then is the database up and running ?

Are the services in Control Panel running (the Oracle<something>JobScheduler service will be disabled - don't worry) but the database, listener and MTS(?) recovery services should all be running.

Other then that, I've got no idea at present - I only got mine working after going through postScripts.sql (and .log) and PostDBCreation.sql (and log) and running all the commands as SYS as SYSDBA.

Have you tried stopping and starting the database using the entries under Start | programs | Oracle database 10G Express Edition ?

If, as mine did, it refuses to start then you have a problem - possibly the same as mine.

> also tried localhost and 127.0.0.1 as the Ip still doesnt work.
>
> Any more ideas?

See above !

Mine works ok on http://127.0.0.1/htmldb.

Cheers,
Norman. Received on Wed Dec 14 2005 - 13:56:14 CST