Re: Oracle Express, Go To Database Home Page problem

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:20:01 -0800

twins wrote:
> HI Guys,
>
> I still cant get to the hompage using the "Go To Database Home Page"
> shortcut on the Database.
> I tried to reinstall the DB and still it doesnt work. There were no
> error messages.
> also tried localhost and 127.0.0.1 as the Ip still doesnt work.
>
> Any more ideas?

With the listener started (lsnrctl start from the DOS command line) please provide the following info

 From the DOS cmd line
1) The output of lsnrctl status
2) The output of netstat -a

 From the SQL command line, the output of connect / as sysdba;
select dbms_xdb.gethttpport() from dual;

Make sure this machine is not on the internet as the netstat -a output could provide readers with information that could compromise your system. If you are concerned about this please register for the XE forum on OTN, where you can post the output securely (to an upload site, not to the OTN forum). Received on Wed Dec 14 2005 - 23:20:01 CST