Re: Question about efficient ways to pass data from java to oracle

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:58:28 +0100

the Rat wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for an efficient way to pass data from java 1.3 (and above)
> to oracle 8.0 (and above).
>
> I've tried 2 mechanisms already but I'm not really happy with the
> performance of either:
> 1. Obtain an OracleConnection to oracle from
> DriverManager.getConnection() and then convert an array of java objects
> into an array of structs and pass the array of structs to a stored
> procedure. I found this to be very slow.
Do you need the stored procedure? Context switches are expensive. Can you use oracle objects (Connection.CreateOraObject etc.) and bulk binding?
Can you forget about objects and use plain tables instead? Can't think of anything else.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Mon Dec 12 2005 - 15:58:28 CST