Re: Creating 100,000+ tables.

From: Keith <kknauss_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Dec 2005 07:52:21 -0800

It probably would not not be any better. My original post was meant to be humorous, (while trying to be helpful); but alas...

Are you sure that's what would happen? Maybe someone should try it....? Obtain some empirical evidence and report back (because I honestly have no clue). Seems like Oracle should have the technology in place to manage such things. 100 concurrent requests to create tables is unlikely, but it should be able to deal with it -- even if it comes with a cost to performance.

My Ultra 5 at home might have a problem, but I don't see why most half-assed systems today couldn't spawn 100 processes. I've seen oracle spawn 1000's of Oracle agents -- it's doable with the right system. Received on Fri Dec 09 2005 - 09:52:21 CST