Re: How to shrink undo tablespace

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 03:13:51 GMT

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 06:33:27 -0800, cnwy wrote:

> Currently, my undotablespace is autoextented to 16G in Oracle 9i. It is
> too large to my application

How did you determine that 16GB is "to large to your application"? Is application having problems because of too large undo tablespace? Did you get ORA+1555 "Snapshot too new"?

>, so I want to shrink it to a appropriate
> size 4G,

How did you determine that 4G is appropriate? Hopefully, it wasn't by meditation and fasting?

> Any suggestions will be very appreciated

You should call GEICO and save some money on car insurance.

--
http://www.mgogala.com