Hardware Replication vs DataGuard

From: Rodrick Brown <rodrick.brown_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 19:47:36 GMT

Putting costs aside what do most people think about using hardware san replication technologies like SRDF/Truecopy etc.. for replicating Oracle volumes at a block level to a remote instance of Oracle ? vs using something like dataguard, I know dataguard allows you to have read only access to that data which I think is its biggest plus, but for disaster recovery reasons only what would be a better solution.

--
Rodrick R. Brown
http://www.rodrickbrown.com

When in 1986 Apple bought a Cray X-MP and announced that they would use it
to design the next Apple Macintosh, Seymour Cray replied, "This is very
interesting because I am using an Apple Macintosh to design the Cray-2
supercomputer."