Re: Any1 knows what happened to tahiti?

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Dec 2005 06:48:22 -0800

HansF wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:10:36 -0800, Noons wrote:
>
> > Been dead for over 24 hours now...
>
> No idea. Fortunately http://docs.oracle.com is still available.
> /Hans

By starting there, then drilling down, I arrived at http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/index.html

from there I clicked on " Oracle9i Database Release 2 (9.2)" which took me to
http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/oracle9i.html

then click on 'view library' under "Oracle9i Database Release 2 (9.2) Documentation Library"
took me to
 http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.homepage

which is the indexing and search front-end we all knew an loved in tahiti.

Also, from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/index.html (where you arrive when specifiying docs.oracle.com) there is a "search Oracle Documentation" link, which takes you to a simple 'search' page which looks like it was cut out from the usual page at tahiti.

I agree, it's a bummer that Oracle made this change which actually reduced the usability of their site. Received on Thu Dec 01 2005 - 08:48:22 CST