Import 8i export into 10g

From: <RogBaker_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2005 12:22:11 -0800

I want to upgrade my 8i database to 10G. I am going to do this on a new server with a different OS. I installed 10g on the new server. I understand the Database Upgrade Assistant is a wise route to take, but I don't want to have to install 8i on this server as well, so I figured I would do export/import. Can I run the utlu10i.sql script in 8i to perform analysis on my database, or will that script only work for the 10g version?
Thanks,
Roger Received on Tue Nov 29 2005 - 14:22:11 CST