Re: informix market share

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:58:46 -0800

RollForward Wizard wrote:

>> Whoa ... slow down. You made a specific statement about Oracle and now
>> you are trying to blur the subject by bringing in differences in
>> licensing: Not acceptable.
>>

> Daniel,
>
> I haven't used the latest version of Oracle ( any Oracle ) since 9i, and
> I __AM__ an Oracle customer, having actually purchased the software. I
> can't
> tell you DB2 is or is not easier to set up with HADR than Oracle HADR, or
> whatever it is called.

You are an Oracle customer, as recently as 9i, and you ask: "Oracle HADR, or whatever it is called?"

Apparently the word "Customer" means something different to you than it does to me.

I can't think there are more than a handful of Oracle 9i customers that would ask the question you just asked. And not many more that wouldn't know about Real Application Clusters, DataGuard, RMAN, Grid Control, Advanced Replication, Streams, and the other available technologies for achieving 7x24x365 with both on-site and off-site transparent failover.

I have to confess I did not read the balance of your post based upon the above. I can not reconcile the question you asked with having any actual experience with Oracle.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org