Re: DB2 HADB

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 18:47:06 -0700

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net> wrote in message
> No coordination is worse than poor coordination. Not being able to
> resolve
> differences after a decade just goes further to prove my point. (since you
> bought up the lack of consistency within the DB2 "family").
> Again you further interject more nonsequitors. We aren't comparing Oracle
> with any other database product we are comparing DB2 with itself. My
> suggestion is to stop digging.
> Jim

OK, no coordination is worse than poor coordination, but it is not the same, they are different.

They can't resolve all the differences and be backward compatible with prior releases.

If you are complaining about DB2 for z/OS, then we ARE comparing that product with other available products that run on that OS. In that regard it is a no-brainier, and DB2 wins hands down. So it apparently does not matter to customers that DB2 for z/OS is not 100% compatible with DB2 for LUW. Received on Sun Nov 27 2005 - 19:47:06 CST