Re: Oracle Selects Sun As Reference Platform ... again

From: Rodrick Brown <rodrick.brown_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:46:43 GMT

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1132854115.922381_at_yasure...
> According to the November 21 issue of eWeek, page 13, Oracle has
> decided to drop Linux as a reference platform, at least in the 64
> bit space, and once again embrace Sun Microsystems.
>
> Any comments Mr. Townsend?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> http://www.psoug.org
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

No surprise there, I really dont see how anyone with a half a brain could choose Linux over Solaris in the enterprise.

--
Rodrick R. Brown
Senior IT Consultant

When in 1986 Apple bought a Cray X-MP and announced that they would use it
to design the next Apple Macintosh, Seymour Cray replied, "This is very
interesting because I am using an Apple Macintosh to design the Cray-2
supercomputer."